Robin’s groups are facilitated through Lotus Psychotherapy, a center dedicated to offering groups and workshops for mindful living and fulfilling relationships.
Transform your life in this 6 SESSION group using simple mindfulness tools.
Next Training Group starting October 2108!
Are you a person who often:
- Finds yourself feeling lost in your thoughts or feelings
- Feels lost in regrets about the past or worries about the future
- Is often distracted and has difficulty concentrating on important tasks
- Feels like life is whizzing by and that you may be missing out on important moments
- Feels disconnected from others around you and isolated or alone at times
- Feels unsatisfied and ineffective in life
At Lotus Psychotherapy, it is our mission to help you gain the tools to live your best life. We believe that mindfulness skills are an important ingredient in the recipe for fulfilled living.
A regular practice of mindfulness skills:
- Can allow you to feel more present to your own experience so that you can fully embrace life as it unfolds before you
- Can improve your ability to focus your attention so that you can disentangle yourself from distracting thoughts, feelings, and sensations
- Can clear the path to your internal wisdom so that you can make effective life choices – even tough ones, with a sense of groundedness and clarity
- Can help you to turn towards life’s challenges and emotional hardships with courage and self-compassion so that you can live your life fully without avoidance and without suppression
- Will help you to deepen your appreciation for the universal connectedness that binds us all together so that you can see and feel that none of us are really ever alone in this journey through life
280 Dobbs Ferry Road, Suite 303
White Plains, NY 10607
Tuesday Evenings 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Group meets every Tuesday evening for 6 consecutive weeks – Next group starts October 2018!
This group will include both didactic and hands-on practices and will cover core mindfulness concepts including “Wise Mind”, the “What” and “How” skills of mindfulness, as well as the skills of “Reality Acceptance.”
Cultivating a regular mindfulness practice in one’s life can be transformative. Research shows that mindfulness skills practice can help one decrease depression, anxiety, and irritability, lessen distraction and increase one’s ability to control his or her attention, increase our ability to regulate our emotions, and enhance our immune system.
This group series costs $300 and includes 6 – 90 minute sessions.
I’m Robin Friedman, LCSW-R, Co-Founder of Lotus Psychotherapy. I’ve been a practicing student of mindfulness informally and formally throughout much of my adult life. After reaping the benefits of these skills in my own life, I trained with Marsha Linehan, Ph.D. the creator of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy to become a mindfulness skills training facilitator so that I may effectively train groups of people to integrate these skills into their daily lives. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over 20 years of group facilitation, I continue to feel excitement each time I start this group as I know first-hand how these skills can be life-changing.
Here’s what participants have to say about their experience in the Basic Mindfulness Skills Group:
“This workshop was amazing. I felt right at home and learned many skills in mindfulness. I look forward to taking the next workshop.”
“I thought the scheduling was perfect, the group size, as well as the similar personalities, were great…Really enjoyed the workshop!”
“I think that everything was explained very well and the breakdown for each session made it less overwhelming. I also really liked how intimate the group was and how it felt like we were all taking this journey together. I feel truly less burdened and so much happier and more present. I still have a lot of work to do but I am excited to continue on this journey.”
Next Training Group starting Fall 2018!